What Should go on Your Moving Checklist
The paperwork is done and you are ready to move out to your new place. Starting over in a new home is no easy task and the entire process can be done with a little less headache by just making preparations in advance. A checklist is essential in making sure that every detail is carefully taken into account. From the stuff that needs moving to the method in which the said things are moved.
- Planning – A good time to start planning a move is about 2-3 months in advance. Deciding what to pack, what to store, finding a decent moving company for transportation as well as taking your budget into account.
- Transportation Possibilities – There are different transportation options for each person, depending on the number of things that needs moving. There is the option of asking a friend for help to move everything step by step or hire Denver professional movers to take care of everything for you. This will depend on the amount of stuff that needs moving.
- Essential Documents – Personal documents are some of the most easy items to lose or misplace. Birth papers, personal receipts or any other essential documents must be taken into account when packing. Collecting each document and organizing them with the help of folders or binders is a good idea, as these kinds of items can easily be put in a drawer and forget about them.
- Find the Right Containers – Packing could be done with regular boxes, however, there are moving companies that can provide sturdy moving boxes with attachable lid on the top. Once everything has been unpacked, the boxes are retrieved by the said company. Besides boxes, bubble wrap, packing tape, markers will also help in organizing the packages. For clothes, wardrobe boxes can be provided by professional movers.
- Filtering Your Stuff – This is a great opportunity to get rid of the excess by either selling, donating or throwing away unused or unwanted stuff. This will help to determine the number of things that needs packing and transportation costs can be trimmed down. Start by going through every room, checking everything from corner to corner and decide what to keep.
- Organize the Your Stuff – Instead of throwing everything in the containers before the day of a moving, a good idea would be to organize every item into their respective containers in advance. Keeping this in mind will help make the unpacking process much smoother when one has settled down in their new place.
- Switching Services and Utilities – When approaching the moving date, services should be moved to the new home. Internet, cable, postal service and the sort, should be notified of the move and have them turned off at the old place.
The main thing to remember is that moving is not something that should not be done in a day. Taking the necessary steps will save a person a lot of trouble and stress. Starting a new life in another place should be an exciting and pleasurable experience and planning ahead of time will reduce the number of headaches that one can experience when moving.