How Chiropractic Care Can Relieve Your Pain
Chiropractic therapy is very efficient for correcting posture and for realigning joints and ligaments, one of the most appreciated, almost instant positive effects being pain relief. Here is how the function restored by chiropractic care in the body’s musculoskeletal system relieves pain.
What Is, in Fact, Chiropractic Care?
The principle method used by a chiropractor in Lowry CO is the manual manipulation of the patient’s spine or of the affected joint, such as the shoulder or the ankle. The main goal of the technique is to restore the alignment of the body’s entire musculoskeletal system – according to the principal idea that informs the practice, proper alignment will trigger the body’s own healing mechanisms and will achieve the healing without the need for surgery and medication.
The Processes Involved with Chiropractic Treatment
A preferred chiropractor in Lowry CO will start with the meticulous review of your medical files and a thorough assessment of your condition and of the area to be treated. The specialist might need more information that is not available in your medical history or cannot be obtained with a simple physical examination, case in which the chiropractor might order further tests, such as lab tests or diagnostic images.
When all the relevant details are obtained, the chiropractor will work with you to develop a treatment plan that will surely include multiple visits to the specialist and might include exercise to be performed at home or nutritional changes. During your visits, your chiropractor will make manual adjustments on your spine or in the area where the pain is located – the process will involve quick, sudden movements and the application of pressure to certain points of the body to relieve pain and to improve functionality.
Painful Affections that Can Be Successfully Treated with Chiropractic Care
The list of the affections that are treatable with chiropractic care is very long – here are some of the most common issues for which the practice can bring significant, quick relief:
- Acute lower back pain – this problem is usually caused by injuries resulting from sudden movement, such as moving a heavy object;
- Chronic back pain – back pain is usually called chronic if it lasts for over six weeks;
- Neck pain and associated headaches – the two issues are usually linked and both can be ameliorated or even completely cured with chiropractic treatment;
- Osteoarthritis – most commonly caused by injury, obesity and natural aging, the problem can affect the hand, the wrist, the neck, the back, the hip, the knee;
- Fibromyalgia – this syndrome affects the body’s joints and muscles and involves fatigue, sleep problems and chronic pain that is not caused by an injury. The exact causes of fibromyalgia are not known, but chiropractic treatment can efficiently ameliorate or cure the problem through the application of pressure on certain points of the body and massage.
In some cases, a chiropractor in Lowry CO may want to collaborate with other medical specialists to develop complex treatment plans, chiropractic treatments being often used in conjunction with physical therapy, lifestyle changes, including a healthier diet, stress relief techniques and regular physical exercise performed at home or outdoors, in fresh air.